I have lived in Hertford for almost 20 years and in Hertfordshire for most of my life. I love the outdoors, wildlife, horses and conservation and I am a local beekeeper.
- BA (hons.) Humanities, The Open University, 1996
- Post Graduate Diploma in Drug and Alcohol Studies, Imperial School of Science, Technology and Medicine, University of London,1999
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychosynthesis Therapeutic Counselling, The Institute of Psychosynthesis, London, validated by Middlesex University, 2004
- Fundamentals EAGALA Certification (Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association) Level 3, 2008
- Certificate in Couples Work, The Relational Academy, Cambridge, 2017
- Private Counselling and Psychosynthesis Therapist in London and Hertfordshire since 2004.
- Counsellor, Group facilitator, Community Practitioner and Counselling Service Manager in various settings including alcohol, addiction, structured day and counselling services, Probation and Community Mental Health Teams.
- Design and delivery of Abstinence based 12 step approach group therapy treatment
- Harm reduction substance mis-use services, including management of open access service.
- Short and longer term individual counsellor in Doctor’s Surgeries within a commissioned NHS counselling service.
- Trainer on drink drive rehabilitation courses. Delivery and facilitator.
My experience as a Counsellor, Group facilitator and Trainer has helped me to develop a passion for supporting whole families where there have been addictions and trauma. I am interested in the process of healing across generations from the long-term effects of trauma, displacement and addictions on families. I have developed and offered both meditation and mindfulness techniques. I have piloted and led equine facilitated individual and group therapies and courses since 2008.
Individual Member of The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and BACP Professional Accredited Register Membership
Individual Member of The Federation of Drug and Alcohol Professionals (FDAP)