Tina Rawlings, BA (hons.), MBACP, MFDAP – Counsellor
Any personal data provided by you to Tina Rawlings, Counsellor, through any means (verbal, written, in electronic form, or by your use of my website), will be held and processed in accordance with the data protection principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation for the purposes for which you have given consent, to provide the services you have requested.
When you request counselling or otherwise provide your personal details, you will be asked to consent to the processing of your data under the terms of this policy.
What information do I collect?
- Counselling Requests– Registering with me to request access to my counselling service can be done online, on paper or in person. My request process involves providing me with your name, address, telephone numbers and email address. I may also request information on your availability, therapeutic issues, and other details which are deemed relevant to processing your request.
- Initial Assessment Appointments– At an initial appointment I may ask about your current personal, social, and medical circumstances. I may also ask about your background and family history, as well as the issues which are affecting you now. I may require this information so that I can decide about offering counselling to you, to refer or signpost you onwards, and to manage the service provided to you.
What is your information used for?
I use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with a professional counselling service.
- To offer suitable counselling appointments.
- To notify you about changes to your appointments and any other changes to services.
- To seek feedback from you on your experience of counselling.
- To improve the service to ensure that it is provided in the most effective manner for you.
- To administer the counselling service, including the arrangement of appointments,
What information do I share?
I will not share any information about you with other organisations or people, except in the following situations:
- Consent – Tina Rawlings may share your information with professional carers or others whom you have specifically requested or agreed that I may contact.
- Serious harm – Tina Rawlings may share your information with the relevant authorities if we have reason to believe that this may prevent serious harm being caused to you or another person.
- Compliance with law – Tina Rawlings may share your information where required to do so by law.
How do I keep your information safe?
All information you provide to me is stored as securely as possible. All paper forms and correspondence are kept in locked filing cabinets on my premises. All electronic records are stored on my own on-site computer, all access to which requires password-protected authentication. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your information using industry-standard protocols, I cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to me via email, including forms completed on my website which are transmitted by email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your information, I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your identifiable personal information is kept separately from any session notes. Client notes and other documentation are destroyed 3 years after the end of counselling.
You have the right to ask me to provide a copy of the information held by me in my records. You also have the right to require me to correct any inaccuracies in your information. If you would like to do this, please contact Tina Rawlings directly. You may withdraw your consent for me to hold and process your data at any time. However, if you do this while actively receiving counselling with me, your counselling would have to end. You can withdraw your consent contacting Tina Rawlings directly.
Changes to this policy
I may edit this policy from time to time. If I make any substantial changes I will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on my website.
To receive a counselling service, I consent to Tina Rawlings, Counsellor processing my data in accordance with the above policy;
I understand that my email address will be used to send and receive from Tina Rawlings, Counsellor, information.
I understand that in accordance with the above policy Tina Rawlings, Counsellor will hold and process personal information that I have provided so that I may receive a counselling service.